Westerville's Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area
The Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area in Westerville, or DORA, allows visitors to enjoy a beer, glass of wine or a cocktail inside DORA boundaries in Uptown. Simply purchase drinks from participating DORA establishments (you can find a list below and participating businesses have decals on the storefront windows). Once known as the “Dry Capital of the World”, we invite you to sip and stroll down the streets of Westerville’s historic Uptown.
- Stay in the boundaries, look for the signs designating DORA boundaries and do not take your beverages beyond that point
- Discard of your DORA cups before going outside of DORA boundaries
- Keep Uptown clean, dispose of your cups in a trash receptacle and please do not create litter!
- Drinks CAN enter any participating retail establishment
- Drink CAN NOT enter a participating liquor establishment (drinks purchased from one restaurant cannot enter another restaurant)
- DORA cups are single use - no refills!
- No outside alcohol is permitted, all DORA drinks must be in an official DORA cup and purchased from a participating Uptown liquor permit holder.
- Drink and behave responsibly. All other liquor control laws apply!
Enjoy the DORA:
Monday-Friday: 4-10 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.