Grab a drink from a DORA establishment and join the Westerville History Center & Museum for a guided walking tour of sites within the DORA related to the town’s Temperance & Prohibition history.
The home of the former Anti-Saloon League is now home to a brewery, multiple wineries, bars & restaurants serving alcohol, and now, a Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA).
Participants will learn how Westerville has weaved its way in and out of alcohol prohibition in some unique ways. From the bombing of saloons at the same time buying alcohol at a pharmacy – to being so dry you’d have to “sprinkle the streets after a rain.” Westerville’s complicated history with alcohol leaves it with a unique legacy.
Tours are free and limited to 20 participants per tour. Tours are offered on the following dates (all Thursdays):
- October 13th and 27th
- NOTE: dates will be removed from this list once a tour reaches 20 participants!
The tour goes in a loop. Participants will walk approximately ½ mile.
- This tour should take approximately 30-40 minutes.
- This is not a fully comprehensive tour on Prohibition in the USA but focuses on the local stories surrounding Temperance & Prohibition.
- Attendees are required to register and read and confirm agreement of the liability release.
- Attendees are allowed to purchase and enjoy a DORA drink during this tour.
- This tour is for adults only, 21 years of age and older.