July 22, 2020
Due to the ongoing situation with the coronavirus pandemic Visit Westerville is cancelling the REMAINDER OF THE 2020 4TH FRIDAY FESTIVAL SEASON.
Our decision to cancel the remainder of the season is based on the following:
- The Mass gathering order for the State of Ohio remains at under 10 people or less. On July 7, 2020, this order was extended indefinitely by Governor DeWine for as long as Ohio is in a declared State of Emergency.
- Per our state leadership, it is imperative that we all do our part to help flatten the virus, especially during this time as our community, teachers, students and parents all prepare for the opening of schools in the fall.
- Due to the significant loss in financial funding now and into the foreseeable future
- We simply cannot safely hold the events while controlling and providing the following to the community:
- Social Distancing of vendors
- Social Distancing of attendees & crowd control (one-way entry and one-way departure)
- Hand Sanitizer Stations throughout entire festival
- Health & Safety of Uptown Merchants with a crowd of this size in and out of their stores
- Safety of the community—no way for us to ensure that all attendees are wearing masks during the event
Visit Westerville is committed to growing our Tourism Economy, however, the health and well-being of our community, visitors and team are a priority.
Refunds will be issued to all vendors that have already paid for the months of August & September. If you need a refund receipt, please contact Robin Collins directly at email@example.com.
In an effort to support our valued 4th Friday Vendors, we have created the
The marketplace can also be found on our website under the 4th Friday Information drop-down menu. All 2020 vendors are represented on the marketplace. We invite you to explore the marketplace at your leisure and help continue to support our local vendors.
Marie VanDervoort, CTA
Robin Collins, CTA
Business Development Manager